Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

obeygiant

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 14, 2002
totally cool
http://www.bloggingstocks.com/2007/02/13/google-brains-braun-and-stones/

Behemoth Google is steadily growing to serve you but not in the ways you may be used to. It is my belief that Google is posturing to become the ISP of government completely and totally. I mean no implication of sinister intent here. I'm not putting out a "big brother" alert.

I am suggesting that, in light of the tremendous personnel loads our government agencies are laboring under and the ability of the Internet to lighten those loads, I think that Google is preparing the infrastructure to facilitate the wholesale transference of data collection and processing from government walk-in offices to Internet data centers. I think that Google is, in part, preparing for that influx of data flow. As a simple example I suggest to you that as much as half of all the transactions now handled at your local DMV service center could be accomplished equally well via the Internet in a fraction of the time and at a fraction of the cost.

If this happens you can bet the farm Google stock will skyrocket.

Swarmlord

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2006
What's the P/E ratio of Google though? Last I read the company was overpriced compared to current and future earnings.

hayduke

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2005
is a state of mind.
There are lucrative contracts to be had with the government. 300e6 people pay a LOT of taxes and those taxes get spent!

Google is overpriced...why?...I can't afford a SINGLE share!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.