Move safari behind the dock

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kpizle, May 29, 2009.

1. kpizle macrumors newbie

For some reason I can't figure out how to make Safari take up the whole screen and be behind the dock. iTunes will do this but safari will not. I've looked through all the settings and can't find anything... Just wondering if maybe there is a mod or something I can download to fix this. Thanks

2. redwarrior macrumors 603

redwarrior

That's interesting, I had no problem getting it to go behind the dock. Maybe I'm not understanding you correctly. :confused:

3. kpizle thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, when I try to pull the safari window down it stops at the top of the dock. If I hide the dock I can pull the window all the way to the bottom of the screen. But as soon as I turn the dock back on and close out of safari or minimize it, the window will re size back to the top of the dock. Hopefully that makes a little more sense.

4. Cynicalone macrumors 68040

Cynicalone

Mine does the same thing. Must be a Safari bug.

5. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

I don't think this is a bug. If Safari was behind the dock, and there was a link at the bottom of a webpage, you'd be unable to click it. It seems natural to me that Safari should prevent that happening.

I think it more likely that if you can do this in iTunes, the bug is in iTunes.

I've always let the Dock auto-hide. I get more usable creen real estate that way.

6. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Why would you want Safari behind the Dock?
    Not a bug in the least... good function instead

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

7. redwarrior macrumors 603

redwarrior

Maybe my dock preferences allow me to do this?:confused:

Edit: It's the 3 dimensional glass effect. I had used Tinkertool to disable it. So you can see in the pic that Safari would go behind it (and so will everything else.) I enabled the 3 dim effect and Safari snapped up above the dock.

Attached Files:

8. kpizle thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried downloading it and changed the settings but still no luck... Thanks anyway. I guess I'll just have to get used to the dock being hidden for now.

9. redwarrior macrumors 603

redwarrior

You can use tinkertool to disable the 3d setting. It's worth it to me. Really, though, either way it's not that big of a deal. :)

10. pondus87 macrumors newbie

Tinkertool didnt work for me either, it just bounces right back above the dock whenever i go to another site than im currently at when i disable and enable the 3d setting. Just disabling it doesnt do anything other than change the appearance of the dock. You would have to enable it again to make it "bounce back" into 3d mode, and then somehow safari bugs behind the dock. But as said, it wont stick there.

This is a problem. Anyone have a fix for this? Im surprised so few seem to be bothered with this?? On a 13" mbp its annoying as hell. I dont want to hide the dock :(

11. Hypex macrumors newbie

You could do like me and move the dock to the left(/right) side of the screen :)

12. mstrze macrumors 68000

I like the additional screen real estate I have with a hidden dock. I am not sure why you are so opposed to hiding it. It immediately shows up when you want/need it.