Move Slide to Unlock bar up

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by B737, Jan 25, 2010.

1. B737 macrumors 6502a

B737

has anyone here successfully been able to, or know how to move the 'slide to unlock' bar up?

id like to reposition it up under the clock, it would feel more natural there. Id like to keep stock unlocking but would be ok with a tap to unlock or it being invisible. It would just be more comfortable under the clock.

2. The General macrumors 601

whats "more natural" than swiping right above the home button? you do use the home button to unlock your phone, right? or are you using the sleep/wake button?

3. B737 thread starter macrumors 6502a

B737

slide to unlock is what im talking about.
    i guess maybe i have big hands. but holding the phone in one hand upright, then orienting my thumb tip down and across just feels odd, and i do it frequently. if you hold your phone in your hand an just put your thumb down without bending it, it lands in the middle of the screen. i feel like swiping from there would be more comfortable. personal preference really...

theres an app called snowlock that does this but it requires winterboard. id like to do this without using winterboard, im trying to get a hold of the app files and see if i can just straight SHH into the phone and replace the files to move it.

4. The General macrumors 601

like i said.

1. press home button with thumb
    2. swipe just above the home button with thumb

unlocks instantly. it's one motion. presswipe. i like never see the unlock screen. the unlock screen is pointless.

5. B737 thread starter macrumors 6502a

B737

dude.. what are you not getting here? i want to move the slider UP. /end

anywho...

if anyone around here has the .deb for snowlock shoot me a PM. i think i can swing this by installing snowlock via SSH. i just cant get it off cydia because it wants to install winterboard along with it which i refuse to do. Also tried pulling snowlock off the internet or Cyder but had no luck with either method.

6. telka, Apr 30, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2011

telka macrumors newbie

lock bar: movin'it up and invisible!!

I hope that you found an answer before.
    I suppose that regardibg the SLIDE TO UNLOCK you can not move it up without winterboard.
    now:
    if you speak French, go THERE

DON'T FORGET: NEVER CHANGE ORIGINAL FILES, ALWAYS DO A COPY OF IT ON YOUR COMPUTER. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE OF YOUR CHANGES ON YOUR COMPUTER OR DEVICE!!!!

If you do not speak French, I have to translate it for you :but you have to use snowlock. it ease very easy.
    1/ go there: Library/Themes/SwapTimeAndUnlockBar.theme/Bundles/com.Apple.springboard/com.gi-lo.SnowLock.plist and edit it with Wordpad (don't forget a copy!!!!!!!!)

2/ LockBarOriginYis for where you wants it. if you visited the link I gave to you, you can see that the lock bar is on the top of the screen. in that example , the position is 20. In the main time, you can see that the clock has been moved to the bottom of the screen, its position in 384. it means tha the center should be around 192 ou 182.
    3/ UseApplesDefaultPositionForLockBar : choose false (instead of true) if you want to change the lock bar's position.
    save
    enjoy

FOR THE INVISIBLE SLIDE: i4 invisible Slider on winterboard, free and easy.

7. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

im not aware of any way to do it without winterboard, because the file that actually tells the phone where you want the slider positioned is done as a theme (if i remember correctly)

out of curiosity, why dont you want to install winterboard?
    I know it gets a bad rap for slowing down your phone, but thats if you have a very complex theme installed and have many, many themes in winterboard. if you delete every theme from winterboard and only use snowlock, it wont lag at all (especially if you have an iP4)

8. dellAbait macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

This altertative might be what you're looking for.... Provided you are willing to download activator.

I set activator to unluck on a swipe down of the status bar. I press the power button to wake and then do a simple swipe down without having to juggle the phone around in one hand.

9. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

I'm doing something similar except I'm using tap and hold status bar to unlock my phone through Activator. Don't even need to swipe anything. You could also set to double tap status bar, swipe left/right/down, whatever. LOVE Activator, top 3 tweak for me.

10. waffles123 macrumors regular

Maybe Move2Unlock on Cydia. There is an unlock to do slide it in the middle of the screen and other stuff.

11. B737 thread starter macrumors 6502a

B737

Through lockinfo, I found that it, and activator solved my ergonomics issues. W lockinfo or activator just swipe down from top bar and it unlocks.

Activator is great in so many ways...