Move update

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by dukebound85, Feb 20, 2009.

1. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

So as some of you may know, I moved from CO to NY for a job

After 3 weeks being here, I will say I miss CO a lot. I am super homesick and very bored when not at work. This area does not even have Chipotle/Big City/Qdoba or any decent burrito place for crying out loud:mad:

Also, the area is very old in terms of residents. I miss living in a college town as there is not much to do at all it seems.....though there is no sales tax on food lol

As far as work, it is interesting, but the company doesnt have any operations in CO (I knew this prior to accepting, just didnt think id miss home soo much)

Any advice on how to get out of this rut? I miss my dogs and brothers and friends. Now Im just solo in NY...not as fun at all

2. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

Come to Toronto on Sunday? ;)

I kind of know how you feel, do you enjoy any sports or team activities? I know it sounds lame but sports leagues can be a great way to meet people who can become friends... It's best though if you sign up for the love of the sport/activity and see any potential friends as a side benefit though. Is there any chance of getting your dog(s) to your new place. That could help too.

3. dukebound85 thread starter macrumors P6

dukebound85

I was thinking about that but realized I have no passport lol

As far as sports, yea I would love to play on some teams. Just need to figure that out

No can do on the dog at my apartment, even though hes 3 lbs and doesnt shed lol

4. dukebound85 thread starter macrumors P6

dukebound85

im kinda thinking ill be back in co before i know it lol

i love the motherland too much to stay away. lifes to short to not seek happiness. ill just use this time as an experience

5. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Go and volunteer somewhere.

You will probably meet some nice young girls your age, who also care about people.

That can't be bad, eh?? ;)

6. Gelfin macrumors 68020

Gelfin

My sympathies, but it almost sounds like you're suggesting Chipotle is a decent burrito place. I must be misunderstanding. ;)

7. dukebound85 thread starter macrumors P6

dukebound85

yea that sounds like a plan...now to just go do it. still.....i want my lovely colorado back in my arms

lol it is a great place! though big city is quite a bit better imo

8. Legolamb macrumors 6502a

Legolamb

My cousin had to move from NY to CO for an advertising gig. He can't stand it. I think he's being oppressed by all that nature. :eek:Maybe you can trade with him?
    Seriously, the thing is not to tackle all of the NY experience. Make yourself at home in your neighborhood, be it at home or work. Supermarkets/take out counters/ are great local places to meet people. So are the Apple stores (d'uh).

9. Macaddicttt macrumors 6502a

Macaddicttt

While I do enjoy Chipotle, but it is no "great burrito place." Chipotle is a great place to get Chipotle, it's own genre of food. "Great burrito places" are Mexican places, and Chipotle isn't a Mexican place by a long stretch.

10. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

We have a Mexican joint down the street, they are Mexican and barely speak English. Chipotle is better than said place. All worship chipotle.