moveAddict - cut and paste files, merge folders

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bogdansrc, Jun 19, 2010.

1. bogdansrc macrumors newbie

I'd like to announce moveAddict, a Snow Leopard-only application that provides a functionality the Finder was missing, the ability to move files using the keyboard. It’s meant to replace dragging and dropping for anyone that would rather use the keyboard instead of the mouse.

In a nutshell, you can use it to cut files or folders and then paste them where you want.

As a bonus, you can also use it to merge folders instead of completely replacing them, another functionality that the Finder was missing.

You can find an in-depth description at http://kapeli.com/

For anyone that hasn't used cut and paste for files before, here's a short description:
    • Cut - when you cut files the only thing that happens is that moveAddict remembers the location of the files, it does not change the files in any way
    • Paste - when you paste, moveAddict moves the files from their original locations to the new one

If you cut a file and forget to paste it, nothing happens!

moveAddict does not change the system or the Finder in any way, it's just a regular application which you can uninstall by deleting it.

I am the developer of moveAddict, for any questions/suggestions/bugs please reply to this thread or contact me personally.

2. iWantMac macrumors newbie

Thank you!

I just bought this nice application. It's amazing the functionality of cutting folders and files is missing from the basic Finder!!

IWM

3. wclenio macrumors newbie

Why not merge from copy?

Hello,
    I bought moveaddict. It works well. But Why not to allow the merge functionality from a copy operation? Is there any plan to implement this functionality ?
    Thanks.

4. bogdansrc thread starter macrumors newbie

To implement that functionality I will have to either hack the Finder or replace the Copy function entirely. It will come, but probably in the quite distant future.

Sorry!