Carrier Moved from Net10 to Airvoice Wireless, no data

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tiger8, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Tiger8 macrumors 68020

May 23, 2011
    Fellow MVNO iPhoneites,

I have an AT&T iPhone 5 which I used Net10 on for the past two months without any problems, I bought it refurb, activated it with the NET10 sim.

Now, I switched from Net10 to Airvoice wireless, pop the old sim out, put the new sim in, worked great. Got voice and text right away, however, I can't get 3G / LTE to work at all. I went to applied the Airvoice profile (and AT&T ones as well), still does not work.

I reset network settings, turned it off / on again, and still no dice. Does this mean that it won't work? or should i erase everything and activate the phone again with the new SIM? That seems to be an overkill

2. 869639 macrumors 6502

Jan 2, 2014
    1) You sure you have a plan with Data?
    2) I don't think AirVoice offers LTE [I'm pretty sure]
    3) May I ask why you left Net10? === You should have looked at AIO [AT&T's own MVNO $35 autopay for the 500MB Plan]

First things first, just reset network settings - Leave the Airvoice SIM in the phone, wait a like 5-10minutes

then set APN if data doesn't work and try again
  3. Tiger8 thread starter macrumors 68020

May 23, 2011
    Thanks. I should have a data plan (it's the pay as you go) but I can call to make sure. The problem is since this is an AT&T phone, I cant' setup APN myself hence I use, the profile sets it for me.

Net10 was fantastic actually, especially with the recent 2.5 GB highspeed data + throttled data afterwards for $50 or so. Reason I went with Airvoice is because they have smaller plans; I have a couple of international trips + new recent wifi spots so I will be alternating between the $10 Pay as you go and the $30 500 MB plan