Moved iTunes Folder. Now not song titles etc visible!!?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by joshallegro, Nov 13, 2008.

1. joshallegro macrumors newbie

Hi. I want to get your advise.

I moved my whole iTunes folder onto my external hard drive to free up space on my Macintosh HD. I have done this before and only the actual mp3/avi files .etc were transferred onto my external had drive, leaving the names of the songs and all my complied iTunes folder left behind untouched.
    This time though, when I moved the iTunes folder, all the song names and compilation folders have disappeared in the iTunes window.

I need to find one of the folders which was lost as it has all my favorite songs in it.

How would I go about doing this?
    Which is the iTunes file which has all of the song titles and folders preferences within it?

Thanks so much again,
    Josh

2. Gray-Wolf macrumors 68030

Gray-Wolf

You have to open iTunes preferences, and tell it where to find the songs/playlist, then restart it.

Attached Files:

3. joshallegro thread starter macrumors newbie

2 itunes Library files in 1 folder combine all setting?!!!

Ok. thanks. My other question was. How do I combine 2 or more iTunes Library/iTunes Music Library.xml files so that I can combine the folders and compilations I made in my previous iTunes setup and my current iTunes set up?
    Would I just put both the current and old iTunes Library files in the same destination path?

Thanks,
    josh