Moved iTunes from iMac to windows - help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jamin100, Jun 2, 2012.

1. jamin100 macrumors 6502

Hey,

So I have a hip microserver and a iMac

My 300gb iTunes library currently lives on my iMac and streams to my 2 apple tv's. Everything is setup and running fine.

My microserver is running server 2008r2. I copied the whole iTunes folder from my iMac onto one of the drives in my microserver. I then installed iTunes (64-bit)

I opened the original library on the iMac and all my music, movies, tv shows etc are there.

The only problem I'm now having is with the artwork. Viewing iTunes through the windows machine, some of the artwork is there but most is not.

On my apple tv's the music artwork seems to all be there but the tv shows and movies are not.

I'm also having trouble with the apple tv's connecting to iTunes. It just says that I need to enable home sharing, which of course I have done. Closing and restarting iTunes in the server solves the problem for a short while.

I've restored abs reset both apple tv's but still have the sane issue

It was all working fine on the iMac.

Any suggestions?

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

How did you copy your library over?

What was the source of your artwork?

iTunes stopped embedding the artwork in the files as it used to some time ago and the artwork is stored separately. You may just not have copied it over appropriately.

B

3. jamin100 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the reply,

I use carbon copy cloner to transfer my files from the iMac to a share on the microserver

I copied the entire iTunes folder including the artwork folder and all the associated files etc

To get the artwork onto the files initially I used iflicks for the majority of the files.

I must note that the album artwork is fine, it's just the movies & tv shows

4. jamin100 thread starter macrumors 6502