Moved iTunes Library worked, now wants me to reconnect the media

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Jigga Beef, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Jigga Beef macrumors regular

I moved my entire 1.4TB iTunes folder to my Drobo. Than i went into preferences and chnaged the changed the iTunes Media Folder Location, and i also have Keep iTUnes music folder organized. That worked fine all of the music, movies and TV shows opened up fine. Than after adding a new HDD to my drobo i opned my iTunes and all of a sudden it gives me the ! next to all my files and wants me to locate them, and the folder is still the same in the folder location.

Is there anyway to fix this, or to automatically reconnect all my media instead of doing it 1 by 1.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Unfortunately, in my experience with having my library on my NAS is no. Somehow and for no reason iTunes will just decide that it can't find my library. Sometimes it's an internet issue that caused it, others it is iTunes being silly. As far as I know you have to reimport all of your music. I've tried to just choose the path again with limited success.

3. Jigga Beef thread starter macrumors regular

Luckily I still have all of my iTunes data saved on a spare 1.5 HDD, so I am reformatting my drobo right now, I made a mistake and created 2 volumes. SO after i clear all the date from my drobo and start fresh. I will drag my iTunes folder to the drobo, than set the Music Folder as the folder in the drobo instead of the HDD it currently is.

Is there any step i am missing. Hopefully i won't have to reconnect all my media this time or loes all of my song ratings.

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I don't think you're missing a step. I think iTunes is often the issue.

5. Jigga Beef thread starter macrumors regular

Any other tips before I take the plunge and try and switch 1.4 TB worth of data and hope iTunes handles it correctly and does not make me reconnect 1 by 1.