Movement inside 2015 Retina MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by streetfoldsfive, Feb 25, 2016.

1. streetfoldsfive macrumors 6502

streetfoldsfive

Hey so I recently received my 13" retina Macbook pro from Apple's Refurbished store. However, when I took it out I noticed that titling it to the left or right there is movement within the device. It isn't drastic, but you can feel a light shift and it is audible if you are listening very closely.

Is this a cause for a trip to the genius bar with my 30 minute old Mac? :/

2. iMacDragon macrumors 65816

iMacDragon

Only thing I can imagine is the batteries aren't glued in properly, everything else is screwed down, might be worth getting it checked.

3. poematik13 macrumors 6502a

Could be one of the modules (battery, SSD, mainboard) that isn't glued or screwed in all the way, or one of the fans which is the only moving part. If it affects performance, take it in within your 1 year warranty.

4. David58117 macrumors 65816

There was a thread about this a few weeks ago.

I think the prevailing guess was it's something with force touch, and that all 2015 models have it..you just have to tilt it a certain way or something..

5. poematik13 macrumors 6502a

force touch is an electromagnet coil glued to the bottom side of the trackpad. Perhaps it has a little bit of play as a default to give it the distance to move/be felt.

6. streetfoldsfive thread starter macrumors 6502

streetfoldsfive

Thanks guys! I may just see how everything goes for a few days, if it gets more noticeable i'll bring it in. Thanks!