Movie battery life varies on 2g?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by amycishere, Jan 15, 2009.

1. amycishere macrumors 6502

Right now it is going through the new Batman movie for the 2nd time(2 hr and 1/2 hour long movie) and its about an hour in with less than 20% left. I did turn the unit off once to have lunch and it has been paused and such a bit. Ended up going 4 and 1/2 hours. Is this about normal?

2. groovdudeyo macrumors regular

groovdudeyo

Uhhh your question is a little vague. I watch dark knight once or twice every night (I know im such a freak) and I still have some battery left after that. I usually have about 5/8 of the brightness on but you should really restate your question. 6 hours of battery life would be with the backlight all the way down.

3. amycishere thread starter macrumors 6502

ooohhh!!! my backlight was all the up. Didn't know that made such a difference! Thanks!

4. mgguy macrumors 6502

mgguy

I suggest buying a backup battery like APC's Mobile Power Pack. I was on an 8-hour plane flight and had plenty of power left over after using my touch nearly the whole time for video and games. You can operate the touch from it, or just use the backup battery to charge the touch and then use it unattached as normal. Can't do without it now.

5. amycishere thread starter macrumors 6502

I would love something like that but thought I had to wait for something capable with the 2G.