Movie download to IPad help!!!

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Taylor814ce, Nov 28, 2013.

1. Taylor814ce macrumors newbie

Just got me an iPad air and rMini.

I have netflix and Amazon prime acct. however I want to download few movies on to iPad for kids when on road. How do I go about down loading movies on to my iPad? What method do you use and recommend???

Thank you

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Those are both streaming only and DRM protected content. You can only stream them with a live internet connection.

3. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

To download movies to the iPad, you first of all need them in iTunes compatible format. You can get that by buying movies from iTunes Store, or by converting movies you already have -- the most recommended program for doing this is Handbrake.

Once you have movies in iTunes compatible format, you drag them into iTunes and sync them to your iPads.

4. Taylor814ce thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you.

Program handbrake is something you download to your computer?

You said movie i already have. Am i able to download netflix movies? Or is netflix only wifi stream?

Thank you

5. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Yes, handbrake is a program you download for your computer.

As the other poster said, Netflix is streaming only. But many people have movies they get from other sources, which they use Handbrake to convert to iTunes format. If you don't have movies already, the best thing is to buy them from iTunes Store.

6. JackieInCo macrumors 601

7. thebiggfella macrumors newbie

Just curious: is handbrake a one stop shop for ripping DVDs to an iPad compatible format?

I've downloaded the trail version of ********* DVD ripper which seems to do a decent job with only one step involved but to get the full version, it costs around £24.

I'm still thinking about which software to get for this function.

8. doasis23 macrumors regular

doasis23

That it was one way to do it but if you have the digital files already on your computer you can use the VLC app without converting.

9. Capt T macrumors 6502a

Depends on the DRM of the DVD. Some DVDs take an extra step or two to convert.

10. Woyzeck macrumors 6502

I find it surprisingly cumbersome to transfer movies from the Mac to an iPad. I mean cm'on, why would I need to plug the iPad to the Mac and use iTunes for that ? Why no wireless solution like the Photostream ?

11. midwestfisherma macrumors 6502

midwestfisherma

WiFi Sync

12. JackieInCo macrumors 601

The only problem with that is when syncing music and videos. It takes much longer to sync these over Wifi.

13. kaki4125 macrumors newbie

http://ipod.about.com/od/ipad/qt/sync-movies-to-ipad.htm
    here shows you how to sync videos to the iPad.
    BTW. you can also download videos from youtube to watch on iPad, one i used for a long time is iFunia Free YouTube downloader, which can free download videos in MP4, FLV, WebM and 3GP format, and MP4 works well on iPad.

14. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

Yes. I never use anything other than Handbrake for "ripping" and converting my DVD's.