movie downloads

Discussion in 'iPad' started by entfla, Mar 10, 2011.

1. entfla macrumors newbie

did a quick search but could not find anything. I am looking for legal movie downloads that i can put on my Ipad. I have a long flight from florida to california and back with my six year old and i would like to buy a half dozen kids movies to put on the ipad for the flight.

It seems like you can only "rent" movies from the itunes store so i am looking for a better option. i really want to avoid having to buy dvd's and rip them to get them on the ipad

thanks for any advice

2. Bluemeanie1976 macrumors 6502a

Bluemeanie1976

Really curveball suggestion... But what about buying them from the itunes store? Why can you only rent?

3. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

Can't you buy the movie on iTunes with your Mac or PC and then sync it to the iPad?

4. Preds macrumors member

I usually buy the Blu-Ray/DVD/Digital Copy combo packs whenever they're available. Covers all 3 medias for me.

5. entfla thread starter macrumors newbie

if you buy the dvd what method do you use to get from dvd to ipad?

6. Bluemeanie1976 macrumors 6502a

Bluemeanie1976

Handbrake normally works for me. If protected, you could try mac the ripper, then convert.

Yoiu never answered why you can;t buy on iTunes, just rent?

7. entfla, Mar 12, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2011

entfla thread starter macrumors newbie

you are correct for some reason when i checked the itunes store from the ipad it seemed like all it had was options to rent, but when i checked from my mac i found rent and buy options. ( i my have just missed it from the ipad) each movie is about $9.99 which seems reasonable so i will probably just purchase a few before the trip.

If i want to rip some dvd's we have does handbreak and/or mac the ripper put them into mp4 format? are these programs shareware or purchased?

thanks again

8. entfla thread starter macrumors newbie

i did rip some of my videos with handbrake and mac the ripper, but had a couple issues. 1. with handbrake to turned into a .m4v file with wich i could do nothing 2. with mac the ripper i got several .vob files and searched around but found no easy way to convert all the .vob into a mp4. So for now i used video monkey to convert each .vob into a mp4. So a movie is broke down to several .mp4 files. Anyone have an ideas to end up with one .mp4 move?

thanks