Movie editing advice.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by John Doe 57, Jan 27, 2008.

1. John Doe 57 macrumors 65816

John Doe 57

I've been using iMovie for 2 years now. I have had Final Cut Express 3.5 for almost a year. I just can't pull myself to try FC. So what I was hoping is that someone could point out a huge awesome feature in FC, that iMovie doesn't have. And also how long would it take for me to learn FC.

2. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

Final Cut really isn't that bad. Read the manuals they are very good. Once you get to a certain point you'll know what to do without really thinking about it.

But for an awesome feature. Multiple tracks of video and audio.

3. John Doe 57 thread starter macrumors 65816

John Doe 57

Thanks. I've been meaning to sit down one day and just read the manuals.

4. MacBoy108 macrumors 6502

MacBoy108

Cutting very easily and adding transitions is a sinch.

5. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

I'd have to say this is true for iMovie as well. I agree with the first reply though, the multiple video tracks is great for overlay. The keyframe effects ability is great, though it takes a bit to get used to, and the versatility is definitely higher than iMovie. For my simpler projects i still stick with iMovie though.

Best,

Brian

6. MacBoy108 macrumors 6502

MacBoy108

Cutting is a little easier and quicker in final cut though when you use the blade, you can get the exact cut you want sometimes in iMovie it will throw a fit and not let you get the exact cut you want. Also In FC transitions are faster is what I meant to say. I would have to agree that I use iMovie for simple stuff to though. :)