Movie editor that's more complex than iMovie yet simpler than Final Cut?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by somewhatvaguely, Apr 10, 2010.

1. somewhatvaguely macrumors member

somewhatvaguely

I need a video editor (for mac, obviously) that I can use to make movies with more advanced features than iMovie offers, yet is not the complex professional Final Cut Pro/After Effects. Basically, something that's moderately easy to learn, user-friendly, but with hopefully as much features as the pro software. Does that make sense?

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Final Cut Express

3. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

ditto...FCE is much less expensive, still has great abilities beyond that of iMovie, and with a little time can be learned in a few hours of video tutorials.

4. somewhatvaguely thread starter macrumors member

somewhatvaguely

Hmm, looks good! I forgot there was Final Cut Express. Or if I knew it, I thought it and Final Cut Pro were one and the same. Thanks you two.

5. Its Trish macrumors member

Its Trish

...or, if you're not in any hurry, you can wait for iMovie '10
    (August? there are many threads about the release of iLife '10)

and see whether it has new features you're wanting.

6. bchreng macrumors 6502a

bchreng

Waiting for iLife '10 sounds pretty tempting. If the changes aren't that drastic, I'd rather wait to upgrade my Mac and receive the newer version bundled with it instead. Speaking of Final Cut Express, the current version has been out for quite some time now and, seeing as how Final Cut has recently received an update, can we expect one for FCE sometime soon?