Movie in iTunes Library will not Sync into iPhone 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by wincheng, Jul 22, 2009.

1. wincheng macrumors newbie

Hi All,

Using HandBrake I converted a movie to the proper format and added it to my library via:
    File -> "Add File To Library"

However, every time I try to sync it over to my iPhone it does not go into my iPhone. I do notice that while I do see the movie under "Library->Movies", I do not see it under "Devices->iPhone->Movies"... so I suspect this is why it is not going into my iPhone.

Can anyone tell me what I should be doing to load this movie into my iPhone?

Thanks!
    -Winston

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

This may sound silly, but when you plug your phone in under the movies tab do you see that you've checked all movies or certain movies to sync?

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

How much space do you have available on your iPhone and how big is the movie?

4. wincheng thread starter macrumors newbie

iPhone.aggie - I have tons of space on my iphone... about 6GBs.

Jessica - Ok, so it might be the stupid thing.. but how do you "check" the movies you want to sync? =P

5. wincheng thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, i figured out the problem. This iPhone was "syncing" with another iTunes on another computer. So that's why I couldn't drop any files into it. I had to make it sync to this iTunes on this computer.