Movie listed as TV show in the iTunes store

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by adnbek, Jun 7, 2017.

1. adnbek macrumors 65816

adnbek

https://itunes.apple.com/us/tv-season/akira-original-japanese-version/id752149884

Both this one and the english dub are listed as "TV Show". I recently purchased the japanese version so I wanted this corrected so I send Apple an email:

The movie Akira is listed in the iTunes store under "TV Shows" when it really should be under "Movies". I've already purchased the item and I hope once (or if) it's fixed, this will be reflected as well in my library.

Best,
    Adnan

A simple request, no? So this is the answer I get from someone who doesn't seem to have even grasped the problem.:

Hi Adnan,

Thanks for contacting us. I understand that you unable to view the movie “Akira” under movies which you have purchased in the iTunes Store. I know how important it is to be able to enjoy your purchases without any complications. I assure you I will do my best to resolve your issue.

I have reviewed your case and noticed that purchased item is not available in Movie section, this means that it is not yet made available by the movie studio. As it stands, it is only available for TV show for now.

In order to locate the TV show on your library, toggle to TV Show at the top menu, and choose Recently added just below the menu.

If you did not intend to purchase this item as a TV show and would like a refund for it, please reply to this and let me know. I shall look into the possibilities of a refund.

I am sure that this information is helpful to resolve the issue.I am happy that I was able to help find a solution for you today! Should you require anything further, please don't hesitate to respond to this email.

Thanks,

(name deleted)
    iTunes Store Customer Support

So.... Do I bother even replying? Do I drop the issue? (because it's minor anyway) Do I can phone support instead? I swear you get these robotic answers that have nothing to do with the issue you were writing about.

2. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

You are better off contacting the studio.

I suspect the movie studios have their own accounts, and manage their own libraries.