Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Learjet035

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 24, 2005
S. Floriduh
I have Quicktime Pro, flip4mac, and VLC. Everytime I get sent to a movie link (except youtube) The movie opens in it's own window. It used to not do this. Normally it wouldn't be so annoying but now I am operating dual monitors and it opens up on the smaller screen, while safari is on the bigger. Any tips or ideas? I went throught the prefs of each player but still unable to make it switch. Thanks

TBi

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2005
Ireland
Well not sure i can help you but which screen has the menu bar? I'm guessing the smaller one since new windows open there. Go to display preferences to where you can see both screens then drag the thin white bar from the top of the smaller screen to the top of the bigger screen. Unless of course you have already done that.

Also you could try holding Apple while you click so it opens in a tab.

Learjet035

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 24, 2005
S. Floriduh
Cool! that was something else I wondered about. Thanks, now I can stay on my big screen most of the time @ home.
I had a G4 powerbook and when a link would bring me to any vids, they would just play imbedded in the page that they were designed in. Now they pop up om my MBP. Anyway, this should make life a bit easier. Thanks again

TBi

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2005
Ireland
Nice thing about apples is that when you unplug the big screen the title bar will automatically return to it's old position on the MBP screen.

Even better is that when you plug back in the big screen it will automatically put the title bar back on the big screen without you having to move it again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.