Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Geniusdog254

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 20, 2008
I just saw the movie "12 and Holding" the other day. It is directed by Michael Cuesta, an American film & tv director. It is doubtless one of the best movies I have ever seen and provides great insight into the lives of 3 adolescents who have been devastated by the murder of a good friend and brother to one.

After the murder of his twin brother, Rudy, by two vengeful bullies, Jacob Carges & his two best friends Maylee Chuang & Leonard Fisher each must learn to deal with Rudy's death. Maylee develops a crush on one of her psychiatrist mother's patients. Leonard, an overweight boy, decides to lose weight to the disdain of his obese mother. And Jacob must learn to cope with his now-fighting parents & his own desire for revenge.

The movie has a shocking ending that I won't describe here as I don't want to spoil it.

Here are the link to it on IMDb & Wikipedia

It is available on iTunes and I would HUGELY recommend it to anyone. The movie is incredibly touching & Michael Cuesta did an amazing job, especially with it being only his 2nd production.

EDIT: I've attached both the movie poster & the DVD cover as well

Attachments

• twelve_and_holding.jpg
    twelve_and_holding.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 87
  • 12_and_holding.jpg
    12_and_holding.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 63

ecstasy

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2009
This looks genius.

I haven't looked too much into this movie yet, but the IMDB rating alone should push anybody to go and check it out.

IMDB ratings are somewhat harsh, so I have a personal belief that anything 6.5 and above deserve a watch.

But the 6.5's are usually cult films, or films that are vastly overlooked. I love movies in general, so throw me any film and I'll watch it.

:D

Geniusdog254

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 20, 2008
This looks genius.

I haven't looked too much into this movie yet, but the IMDB rating alone should push anybody to go and check it out.

IMDB ratings are somewhat harsh, so I have a personal belief that anything 6.5 and above deserve a watch.

But the 6.5's are usually cult films, or films that are vastly overlooked. I love movies in general, so throw me any film and I'll watch it.

:D

Genius really doesn't even begin to describe it. Even though there is some heavy language throughout the movie there isn't anything that bad. It is rated R for language, violence & a child sex scene although it is clean. About the worst you will get is F word pretty much.

SPOILER:
SPOILER:
SPOILER:
SPOILER:
SPOILER:
SPOILER:
It just shows Maylee offering herself to her mom's patient, although he is responsible and turns her away.
END SPOILER

As I said earlier I would recommend this to ANY of my friends. If you are thinking about looking it up like you said I would urge you to.

Also, I'm the same way as you with movies lol. I will watch almost anything (atm I'm interested in watching Michael Cuesta's other film L.I.E) that is recommended to me. I'm in a predicament though that I don't have a fast enough connection to torrent & I don't have the money to buy all the movies lol, so I'm pretty limited collection wise other than a few of my absolute favorites & what I see in theaters or TV.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.