Movie Rentals on iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by GfPQqmcRKUvP, Apr 24, 2010.

1. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

Hey everyone. I know you can download HD movies from iTunes on the iPad, but is there any way to do this from iTunes on my mac? I've done it before but I seem to have just forgotten where the option is.

Here's the problem: I want to rent the movie "Up in the Air" but I only see the standard definition rental for $3.99 on the iTunes store on my mac. If I access that movie page from my iPad it shows the $4.99 HD rental. Also, the page the movie is on in the iTunes store on my mac says in letters on the left "HD available for Apple TV and iPad devices".

2. nStyle macrumors 65816

Then its only available on the iPad and Mac... It won't be true HD anyway. This is why you pay 9.99 for Netflix.

3. GfPQqmcRKUvP thread starter macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

I have netflix, but no one knows how to rent a movie in HD on the mac and then transfer it over to the iPad? The only way I can watch an HD rental on the iPad is to download it on the iPad itself?

4. nStyle macrumors 65816

I'm confused on your goal.

You are trying to watch an HD rental on your iPad.

You say you can access the HD rental directly from your iPad.

Seems like you have no problem. Why are you trying to rent it on the Mac just to move it to the iPad?

5. GfPQqmcRKUvP thread starter macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

I just like pre-renting some stuff and browsing for it from my computer. Is what I want to do not possible?

6. gt1948 macrumors regular

gt1948

And what is TRUE HD? iPad is 720 which is consider High Def