Movie Software

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by binj112, Feb 26, 2008.

1. binj112 macrumors newbie

Hey All,

I have to produce a soundtrack for a 2-3min film clip for my coursework. However, I cant find any free software to allow me to rip a 2-3min film clip from a DVD or movie file anywhere? Im running a macbook with leopard. Can anyone help me?

Thanks a lot!!

Ben Fox

2. binj112 thread starter macrumors newbie

Iv tried that, but it doesnt appear to be able to rip a specific 2-3min clip, Just chapters.

3. boast macrumors 65816

boast

after ripping the chapter, use avidemux to chop the 2-3min you want?

4. codemancmc macrumors newbie

Okay, before I begin, I must say that I only suggest this process for a DVD that you have created, not one from a store or other copy-protected material.

Also, it is a bit of a hassle but the quality of the video is worth it.

Take a consumer DVD player and a digital camcorder with firewire and connect the video and audio out on the DVD player to the vid/audio in on the camcorder (sometimes referred as dub mode). Enable your camcorder for Firewire pass-through (most do this by either simultaneously recording, digital video converstion setting, or by default) and connect it to your firewire 400 port on your Mac.

Launch iMovie (or any video editing software) and cue up the 2-3 minute segment on the DVD. Capture now in iMovie, play on DVD player and wait the 2-3 minutes.

Hope this helps.