Movie Storage for Playback

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SaltedV8, Mar 26, 2013.

1. SaltedV8 macrumors member

OK, I Am sure this is already addressed somewhere but I Am not sure where. I am a new Macbook user and I would like to put my DVD's, some blu ray and some not, on some type of storage device where I could pull them up and play them back on my Macbook while I travel. Is this possible? And if it is, can someone tell me how to do it or direct me somewhere that I can read in detail how to do it and what devices I may need to purchase it so I am able?

THanks in advance for your help and patience with me. :)

2. TofSanity macrumors 6502a

TofSanity

use Handbrake and put them on an external hard drive of some sort. that's what i do. i have a 1TB hard drive completely full of movies either from iTunes or Handbrake

3. SaltedV8 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks. Am I to assume that I need a superdrive since the macbook doesnt have a DVD/CD drive?

4. TofSanity macrumors 6502a

TofSanity

oh yes, i overlooked that, you can get a superdrive. a superdrive won't handle blu-rays but only DVDs. you can find a good external blu-ray on amazon. not sure where to look but i bet you can find a link here on macrumors. good luck

----------

check this link out:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1552848&highlight=blu-ray

----------

never mind, i just did a quick search for you without reading the link! it's not what you are looking for

----------

never mind, i just did a quick search for you without reading the link! it's not what you are looking for

----------

look at something like this

http://www.amazon.com/External-Blu-...id=1359750447&sr=8-11&keywords=blu+ray+burner

5. SaltedV8 thread starter macrumors member

Thank you so much, Sanity. I Have the Blu Ray burner coming and will get the hard drive tonight. That will give me time to figure out how to actually use HandBrake.