Movie streaming on iPhone?!?!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by pedroistheman, Dec 3, 2007.

1. pedroistheman macrumors 6502

pedroistheman

has anyone come across a site similar to alluc.org that would play full length movies in iPhone format? I tried to access the site via my iPhone, but no success.

If not, how else do u watch movies on ur iphone? Of course, other than downloading directly from iTunes...

2. skeen macrumors 6502

The iPhone doesn't support flash. Perhaps that will change with the Feb SDK...I think they should at least add Flash video support.

3. snook911 macrumors 6502a

To watch movies on the iPhone you have download them to your computer then convert them into the iPhone/iPod format. Then you can add them to your iTunes library.

4. Dippo macrumors 65816

Dippo

If formated properly, you could watch video online.

Of course I don't know of any site that is currently doing this.

5. MacsAttack macrumors 6502a

The EyeTV software allows you to stream anything recorded with it to your iPhone or iPod Touch. Have not figured out how to set things up to do it beyond the confines of a local network (VPN perhaps?).

6. dombookpro macrumors member

From http://iphone-support.blogspot.com/2007/10/eyetv-25-offers-free-slingbox-style.html

Setting up your Modem and Router
    After creating and setting up your DynDNS account, your new domain name will point to your cable or DSL modem. You must then access your modem and set it up to forward port 2170 to your Mac. Doing this obviously varies by manufacturer. If you use a router in addition to your modem, you will have to do the same on your router. Make sure your Mac firewall is either disabled or you have added an exception for port 2170 to allow access. You can read more about this at Hackint0sh.

Remotely accessing your videos
    Once you've set up your modem, router and/or Mac for port 2170 access, you can point your browser to the new address, for example http://ericasadun.is-a-geek.com:2170/eyetv/. (This is not a real URL) You will see the same menu you saw when using your local IP address. The difference is that now, you can access this menu from outside your local network.

Playing back videos
    If you intend to watch your videos on the iPhone or iPod touch, decide whether you want to play back your videos in portrait or landscape orientation. Adjust your iPhone/iPod touch accordingly and load the EyeTV Wi-Fi video menu.

7. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

If you are using iPhone Remote from Google, you can browse your home machine and play movies and music located there (as long as they are in iTunes-viewable format). Works fine.

8. MacsAttack macrumors 6502a

Thanks...

You'd think Apple would add this to iTunes at some point. And add an app so the iPhone or iPod Touch could be used as a remote control for an AppleTV. And a pony!

9. mediarumor macrumors newbie

interesting..

10. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

meh, itunes:

http://www.alloysoft.com/

11. iFortner macrumors newbie

Hello,

I'm iFortner the Founder/CEO of iFortner Inc. I own a forum called www.ifortnerforum.com which has information about an application the iFortner Team has created. It is our famous uWatch application which can only be retrieved from our Elite Members Area. It allows any 3G iPhone, iPhone, iPod touch 2G or iPod touch using any firmware from 1.0.1 - 2.2 to stream full length, HIGH QUALITY Movies without the need for an unlock or jailbreak. Now if you have a jailbroken device then you will have access to the Safari Download Plugin in which case you will be able to download the uWatch Movies as well. You must register on the iFortner Forum and then look in the forums for a uWatch forum. I would like to think that uWatch is the only resource now for streaming movies and TV Series on the iPhone and iPod touch that is jailbroken or not jailbroken.

Best regards,
    iFortner
    Founder/CEO
    iFortner Inc.
    www.ifortnerforum.com
    ifortner@teamifortner.com

12. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

Wait, wait wait. Your name is iFortner? Just iFortner?

13. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

Wha?
    I can't find any app in the App Store that can do this. :confused:

14. Sysbase macrumors member

Sysbase

Hope if VLC app comes on board it will be able to support flash video![​IMG]

15. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

Well Stevo's gotta announce something new for iPhone, why not Flash video?

16. SAIRUS macrumors 6502

orb will stream everything including divx (of movies you own of course:cool:)

quality is okay, but i rather just convert the file

17. Hellion macrumors member

Hellion

postpublic.net try them out on iphone. Right now its down, but hopefully back up soon......

18. macmulisha macrumors member

It is actually iFortner Smith:)

19. Kyek macrumors newbie

Dude, you don't know who iFortner is? Steve iFortner is the first guy in the World to make and receive calls on an iPod touch. Google him or go to his website at www.ifortnerforum.com. And if you don't know who I am then shame on you. Because I'm the creator of Appulo.us. If you want info on uWatch then I really advise that you go to iFortner's site and get it. It is amazing! It allows any iPhone or iPod touch to stream movies without a jailbreak!

20. macmulisha macrumors member

21. sec707 macrumors newbie

I download movies from FreedomforiPhone Movies. New movie downloads and streams that all work on iPhones or computers.
    Check it out at http://tinyurl.com/ffimovies