Movie/TV Show Discussion Forum?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by gkarris, Apr 20, 2007.

1. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

This is MacRumors, not EntertinamentWeeklyRumors. An entire forum dedicated to something which has nothing to do with Macs, Apple, etc. is not appropriate here.

There are many TV shows and movies which have their own official threads in the Community section here on MacRumors for members to discuss, so I'd suggest making a thread there. An entire forum on MacRumors though? Not gonna happen. :cool:

2. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

There have been multiple threads on this topic already, and its been decided that it fits best into the community forum.

3. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Exactly - that's precisely what the Community forum is for.

4. gkarris thread starter macrumors 604

gkarris

ok...

5. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

Considering that Apple is selling more and more TV shows and movies I don't think this would be such a bad idea.

6. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Lets say for arguments sake that we make a TV/Film-Entertainment forum and also have Pod-Vidcast discussions as well.

7. gkarris thread starter macrumors 604

gkarris

Yep - there's audio - which is Music and audio podcasts.

And - video - movies, TV shows, and vidcasts.

I don't see why not... I understand though if there's the feeling that there are too many forums already.

You did create a forum before I even asked - a Console Games forum (the game forum was getting overwhelmed)... and the AppleTV forum too...

8. mattscott306 macrumors 68040

mattscott306

The :apple:TV forum was asked for, as was the seperate games forum several times before.
    To me both of those additions make sense, but I don't really see a need for a TV shows forum, unless it were to be an offshoot of the community forum.

9. dartzorichalcos macrumors 65816

dartzorichalcos

Perhaps make the Movie/TV Show a sub-forum in the AppleTV Forum or iPod/iTunes Forum.

10. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I would reverse it, Make the Apple TV forum a sub forum of the "entertainment" forum as I see the Apple TV taking a back seat to the discussions.

11. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

I am resurrecting this thread because I used the search utility instead of creating a new thread on the same topic.

I would like a Movie Discussion board under the Special Interests category. We have one devoted to music and it would be nice to have TV show and movie discussions to not get buried in the community board.

12. celticpride678

How about a "Movies, TV Shows" etc. Forum Section?

What if Mac Rumors extends on Community Discussion and adds a "Moves, TV Shows" etc. section? Anyone think this might be good? Bad? Post your thoughts.

13. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

The only question I have is, at what point do we begin to create sub-forums for every popular medium of entertainment? Should there be a "Literature" forum, a radio forum, a magazine forum, etc?

Not that I'm necessarily against the idea, but I would like to know where the line is drawn (if you will) on determining the qualifications for a new sub-forum. I mean surely there are more sports related threads than tv/movie ones correct? Should there be a separate forum for that as well? How about personal advice? Food/drink? Social networking? These all seem to be popular topics don't you think?

14. tabasco70 macrumors 6502

I agree. They can't go around adding every single category we can think of.