Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

covertsurfer

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 18, 2007
I like many others use Movie2iTunes to get iTunes to catalog AVI files however when you add the album art to the tags it seems to process it and I believe the reference files seem to grow in size but iTunes does not show the album art. When view the tags again the album art is gone.

Does anyone have a solution to add album art to referenced AVI files?

reinisb

macrumors newbie
Mar 10, 2009
Artowork!

Hei guys!

I just love that nice iTunes artwork so much, that I decided to spend 2 days to learn AppleScript a bit, and made my first Applet from scratch!

It is quite similar to Movie2iTunes, but it uses a bit different method regarding QuickTime referencing, so now IT IS POSSIBLE to add artwork!

Check it out here - http://code.google.com/p/tvshowtoitunes/

P.S. Will be waiting for feedback - rnz@apollo.lv

BenChappers

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2009
Hey guys

I've been looking for a (free) solution to this problem for ages, and I've ended up writing a little applescript to sort it out.

It gets the movie/movies selected in iTunes and converts the file that movie2iTumes made and turns it into a quicktime reference file.
You can then add artwork to the video.

Woohoo!!!

Script:
Code:
tell application "iTunes"
	set theFileList to location of selection
end tell

repeat with theFile in theFileList
	tell application "Finder"
		set theFolder to the folder of theFile as alias
	end tell
	tell application "QuickTime Player"
		tell item 1 of (open theFile)
			save in theFile as reference with replacing
			close
		end tell
	end tell
end repeat

I've just saved it as an applescript in the Library::iTunes::Scripts folder, so I can access it from the menu bar

It works most of the time - I'd recommend not giving it too many movies at a time

kmacmac

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2010
What about Movies?

Hei guys!

I just love that nice iTunes artwork so much, that I decided to spend 2 days to learn AppleScript a bit, and made my first Applet from scratch!

It is quite similar to Movie2iTunes, but it uses a bit different method regarding QuickTime referencing, so now IT IS POSSIBLE to add artwork!

Check it out here - http://code.google.com/p/tvshowtoitunes/

P.S. Will be waiting for feedback - rnz@apollo.lv

Thanks! This script is great, I would also like do do this for my movies? How? I used movie2itunes, but like you said It doesn't give me cover art. It would be a great benefit to many I'm sure if you edited your script, or made a new one for movies.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.