Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

philMBP

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 19, 2007
I swear that when I tapped the touch surface of the remote in gen 4 and 5 remotes that the progress (scrub) bar would show current time-of-day/estimated time of completion of rented or purchased videos. Now only getting elapsed time. Tapping twice does nothing. How do I get this back?
tvOS 13.3.1

TrenttonY

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2012
I swear that when I tapped the touch surface of the remote in gen 4 and 5 remotes that the progress (scrub) bar would show current time-of-day/estimated time of completion of rented or purchased videos. Now only getting elapsed time. Tapping twice does nothing. How do I get this back?
tvOS 13.3.1
Yes this exists. I think you touch or click (can't remeber which) the touchpad twice when playing your video.

philMBP

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 19, 2007
Agreed and this used to work. Doesn’t anymore. At least not for me.

chris4565

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2018
Still works for me.
  • Touching twice on the touchpad displays current time + time when the show will be finished
  • Touching twice very fast zooms to fit the screen and vice versa

philMBP

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 19, 2007
Still works for me.
  • Touching twice on the touchpad displays current time + time when the show will be finished
  • Touching twice very fast zooms to fit the screen and vice versa
My bad, indeed this does work with the ATV remote. I was trying to do this from the remote app - this does not work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.