Movies coming to Canada?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by brad.c, Jan 15, 2008.

1. brad.c macrumors 68020

brad.c

Pardon me of this has already been noted, but if you go to the iTunes U section of the Canada store, there is a Movies selection in the menu list in the upper left. Same place where TV Shows appeared before the announcement.

The link doesn't work, but it would be sweeet if that means they will enable rentals in Canada at the same time as in the US.

2. brad.c thread starter macrumors 68020

brad.c

Appy-polly-woggies for the post keynote b--p, but looks like the link may not portend anything keynote worthy, like the Canadian iPhone announcement.

Oh, wait.

Nonetheless, I fall under the "need more than 24 to watch" category, so iTunes rentals wouldn't always apply to me.

3. Scottyk9 macrumors 6502a

This is how the TV shows started - a dead link in iTunes U, then after a while the link went to the TV shows pages, which slowly became populated with the shows.

4. Eric Lewis macrumors 68020

Eric Lewis

5. ipedro macrumors 68040

ipedro

I wonder what are the chances of Movie rentals coming to Canada in two weeks with the :apple:TV Take 2 .

This does look very much like when TV Shows came to Canada. Unless it's a glitch, I think there's a very good chance that movies will be on iTunes Canada within the next 48 to 72 hours.

Now if movies come here, rentals shouldn't be far behind.

EDIT: Sorry to burst everybody's bubble... but I think that it's a glitch.

iTunes U shouldn't be on the Canadian store. It's for American universities. Therefore, the menu you see when you go into the iTunes U page is the US Store's menu. The US Store now has a "NEW" icon on the movies link, identical to what you see on the iTunes U page.

Too bad, there's nobody hoping more for Movie Rentals in Canada than me. I cancelled my Rogers Cable subscription and have gone 100% :apple:TV + OTA HD. Take 2 and Movie Rentals are the last remaining pieces of my cable independence strategy.

6. billabong macrumors 6502

Steve said "international" later this year so we can hope maybe sooner... We are still waiting for the damn iPhone up here too. I'd take the iPhone over rentals.

7. ipedro macrumors 68040

ipedro

meh... I've already given up on getting a 1st Gen iPhone anyway. If the iPhone was announced for Canada at the keynote, I would still wait for iPhone 2 which I guess we'll hear about once the MacBook Air has used up all its air time.

8. brad.c thread starter macrumors 68020

brad.c

That will likely be soon. While nice and neat, the primary target demographic is the corporate vanity laptop, which is pretty limited.

I'm pessimistic about any technology crossing the borders in any truly usable capacity if it involves politics AND technology. Too bad things can cross the border southwards (RIM) so easily. :cool: