Movies & Documentaries About Apple

Shankworks

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
Rhode Island, USA
Hi, i was wondering if anyone knows of any movies or documentaries about the history of Apple. I saw the movie "Pirates of Silicon Valley" and its one of my favorite movies and i also saw the "MacHeads" documentary on Hulu, but i was wondering if there are any ones im missing? Any help is much appreciated, thanks.

Heres the link to "MacHeads" if your interested in watching it: http://www.hulu.com/watch/94300/macheads

ricof

macrumors member
Nov 29, 2009
The Garden of England
We watched a film/documentary about product design (im a product design engineer undergraduate) in studio the other day and there is a fair bit about the design and manufacture of the macbook pro which I found very interesting.

The film as a whole is very good, even if you aren't into design! (and if you aren't why not?!)

zachsilvey

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2008
Battle Ground
Hi, i was wondering if anyone knows of any movies or documentaries about the history of Apple. I saw the movie "Pirates of Silicon Valley" and its one of my favorite movies and i also saw the "MacHeads" documentary on Hulu, but i was wondering if there are any ones im missing? Any help is much appreciated, thanks.

Heres the link to "MacHeads" if your interested in watching it: http://www.hulu.com/watch/94300/macheads
I started watching MacHeads and felt like it was a bad portrayal of Mac culture.

Shankworks

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
Rhode Island, USA
We watched a film/documentary about product design (im a product design engineer undergraduate) in studio the other day and there is a fair bit about the design and manufacture of the macbook pro which I found very interesting.

The film as a whole is very good, even if you aren't into design! (and if you aren't why not?!)
Whats the name of it?

iOrlando

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2008
i managed to rewatch pirates of silicon valley again.

you might already know this, but dont take that movie as complete fact. I think they did a good job with the movie, but
1) they keep out some of the great "little" facts about apple's beginnings
2) the timing of events is somewhat mixed up
3) a lot of things are put in there for the sake of the movie.

the movie makes a whole lot more sense after reading some books about the true events like iWoz.

zachsilvey

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2008
Battle Ground
i managed to rewatch pirates of silicon valley again.

you might already know this, but dont take that movie as complete fact. I think they did a good job with the movie, but
1) they keep out some of the great "little" facts about apple's beginnings
2) the timing of events is somewhat mixed up
3) a lot of things are put in there for the sake of the movie.

the movie makes a whole lot more sense after reading some books about the true events like iWoz.
iWoz is a great book.

True, The Pirates of Silicon Valley isn't 100% true but it gives a someone like me, who was born in the 90's, a glimpse into the history of the personal computer.

I wonder how accurate to representation of Steve Jobs is?

iOrlando

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2008
iWoz is a great book.

True, The Pirates of Silicon Valley isn't 100% true but it gives a someone like me, who was born in the 90's, a glimpse into the history of the personal computer.

I wonder how accurate to representation of Steve Jobs is?
its tough to say.

people who really know him never talk about it. and the media or biographers have never really interacted with him on such a true level to get a good grasp of how he really is like at home

we each "think" what he may be like...but i picture him like this rock star that you think highly off until when you go behind stage to get his autograph..he tells you no and to get out of here...and you go wow what a butt..and i liked him? argh... The thing is most people never get to that level..so he is kept like a rock star.

Shankworks

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
Rhode Island, USA
Thanks for the info everyone. I checked out the "objectified" trailer and it looks really interesting and im also gonna try to get my hands on "iwoz".

And for the record, i never thought that "pirates of silcon valley" was a completely accurate documentary, i know its just a movie and some parts are exagerrated or inaccurate, but i still enjoyed it. :D