Movies in Lion, 30gb?? From where?!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by askrib, Aug 3, 2011.

1. askrib macrumors member

Hey, My new macbook air says I have 30gb of movies on the system....the problem is I have no clue where they are or what they are? I haven't put any movies on here. How do i have 30gb?? Can anyone explain or can anyone show me where to find them....

Thanks!

2. RobertsonCrusoe macrumors member

i am not sure how or why there is 30gb of movies on your system but to find them you can use DaisyDisk.

http://daisydiskapp.com/

basically it scans your disks and presents their content as interactive maps where you can easily spot unusually large files and remove them to get more free space. The map gives you an overview of your data, so you always know what your hard disks are filled with.

3. askrib thread starter macrumors member

thanks. Didn't really want to have to pay $20 to find out. Any other method I could use or see where these "movie" files are...

4. Jodles macrumors regular

Why not just use the Finder? :confused:

Open all my files, choose to show files by Kind, then in search field start writing movie, select that as a kind that pops up, hit + to add another therm, choose file size and put in something reasonable...

Your OS can do this already.. no need for 3rd party apps.

5. askrib thread starter macrumors member

Genius!!! ha thank you sir....cant believe i couldn't figure that out. SMH

6. askrib thread starter macrumors member

I did this and found some Videos but nothing that adds up to 30gb.....very odd. Maybe 10gb at most! Does finder show every video you have on your system?? Or would it be under something beside "movie"

7. kapolani macrumors regular

Do you have any videos in iPhoto? Or something of that nature...

8. Epic Xbox Revie macrumors 6502a

Epic Xbox Revie

Since you are in Lion, finder can be helpful.. Make sure your finder preferences have Movies selected, and you can see your movies under your favorites in finder.

Attached Files:

9. askrib thread starter macrumors member

I have a couple tv shows in iTunes worth 10gb then about 7gb of random videos on my comp. So thats half accounted for....cant seem to locate where the rest is.