Movies in the iTunes store

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by derek1984, Apr 15, 2009.

1. derek1984 macrumors 6502a

I have tried to download movies to put in my iPod Touch using handbreak, but it just doesn't seem to work for me. I only get the trailors and bonus features, not the actual full length movie. My question is, if you buy a movie in the iTunes store, does it get saved into iTunes so I can be able to watch the movie on my iPod Touch? Thanks

2. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Handbrake will work fine, you just need to use the correct settings.

3. pilotrtc macrumors regular

Have you tried this?

1. Insert your DVD.
    2. Launch HandBrake.
    3. Select the DVD in the HandBrake window.
    4. Select "iPhone/iPod Touch" in the right hand list.
    5. Take note of where HandBrake will be saving the file and what the name will be in the "file" field.
    5. Click "Start".

I have done all my videos like this and have never had a problem.

4. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

It doesn't have to necessarily be set on the iPod touch setting. I have it set on 'Normal' all the time, and change the target size to 100MB for a standard 20 minute TV show or 700MB for a full length movie, and it works fine on my iPod.
    But the OP seems to be saying that its not using Handbrake that's the problem, it's the fact that it's not ripping the movie itself.

@OP; It must be your copy of Handbrake, because I have never had that sort of problem.

5. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

Or the OP is new to HandBrake and isn't sure which option to pick. It's pretty easy, you just have to select the longest file.

6. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

They did open another topic where I gave them a pretty good tutorial on how to use Handbrake. The main thing is to click on the dropdown near the start button and always select the title that goes for the longest - which will, in almost all cases, be the film. But for some reason, even when following the instructions, the OP claimed that selecting any of the titles only gave them the trailers in the end. It seemed really odd... :eek:

7. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

I just thought of something that I did when I was having problems finding which one was the film once. Insert the DVD and open the DVD Player application. Start playing the movie. On the menu bar, select "Go", then "Title". There will be a tick next to the title that is playing (the movie). Write down or remember the title number. Now, open the DVD in Handbrake, open the title dropdown menu, and select that very same title that you were just playing. It should definitely rip the movie. If it doesn't then you have a botched version of Handbrake, or you aren't doing it right.