Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

elfy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 26, 2011
Glasgow, Scotland
I'm running iTunes 11.1 and occasionally a movie will not add to the library. My library is stored on an external hard drive and, after trying to add the movie, the capacity of the drive will decrease so it's going somewhere. It will not, as I said, show up in the library, and it is not in the iTunes media folder when I navigate to it in finder. I don't want to keep trying to add a movie that I then can't find anywhere but is taking up drive space.

Any ideas? I'm downloading the iTunes update as we speak so that will hopefully resolve the issue but I'd still like to now where on earth these movies are going! :)

mic j

macrumors 68030
Mar 15, 2012
I'm running iTunes 11.1 and occasionally a movie will not add to the library. My library is stored on an external hard drive and, after trying to add the movie, the capacity of the drive will decrease so it's going somewhere. It will not, as I said, show up in the library, and it is not in the iTunes media folder when I navigate to it in finder. I don't want to keep trying to add a movie that I then can't find anywhere but is taking up drive space.

Any ideas? I'm downloading the iTunes update as we speak so that will hopefully resolve the issue but I'd still like to now where on earth these movies are going! :)
Have you checked the Home Movie section of iTunes? Any movie iTunes does not recognize as a "movie or tv show" defaults to the Home Movie section.

elfy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 26, 2011
Glasgow, Scotland
Have you checked the Home Movie section of iTunes? Any movie iTunes does not recognize as a "movie or tv show" defaults to the Home Movie section.

Yeah, it's not in any of the sections in iTunes, and it's not anywhere I can see in the iTunes library in finder. It's definitely gone somewhere though because I deliberately noted the remaining space on the hard drive before and after trying to import. Even a spotlight search for the file in finder shows up nothing. It's driving me mental.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.