Movies on iTunes just audio and HD memory

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by soccersquirt82, Apr 13, 2008.

1. soccersquirt82 macrumors 6502

I have lots of music videos and such, but I'm running out of room on my computer. Is there a way to easily make the videos just audio, and get rid of the picture. The only way I know how to do this is in GarageBand, but it takes about 15 minutes for each song.

On another note, I want some more HD space on my computer because I'm running out. What do you call this? In the "About this Mac" window, I think what they have listed as the Memory is the RAM. Is there an easy way to install more memory? Can you do it the same as installing RAM? I don't want an external hard drive for memory.

2. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

RAM Memory is not the same as hard drive space.

There is one hard drive in your Mac, and no room for a second one (unless you have a MacPro). You could install a larger capacity drive (moderately difficult on most Macs) or easier, you could buy an external Firewire or USB2 hard drive and attach it. Then move across a bunch of your data to clear up room on the main hard drive.

Usually, I recommend buying a good quality external enclosure, like a MacAlly or an OWC Mercury, and installing in it a hard drive of your choice (Seagate, Western Digital or Samsung). You will have to buy a hard drive with an interface that matches what the internal interface of your case is -- IDE (parallel ATA) or SATA (serial ATA)

3. soccersquirt82 thread starter macrumors 6502

4. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

An external casing with a hard drive connection inside it, and a Firewire or USB connection on the outside that you can hook up to your Mac. It is used to make an internal hard drive (a bare mechanism) into an external hard drive.