movies on network tv

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by furcalchick, Jan 27, 2008.

1. furcalchick macrumors 68020

furcalchick

i don't know about you, but for some reason, i can't really stand watching feature films on broadcast tv anymore. i used to, but with the amount of ways people can access films now, it seems like getting a lesser experience watching the same film on tv as opposed uninterrupted in any format. i think it started after i found out that many movies had somewhat important scenes cut out for time on tv, and when i finally saw that movie on dvd or something, the movie felt so much different. while on tv, it feels like something inferior and that sort of thing. anyone know what i'm getting at?

2. AstrayCliche macrumors member

oh, totally. A lot of movies are butchered before being put on television. They crop the framing, overdub inappropriate language, and cut entire scenes so it'll fit with-in a time block.

3. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I don't bother watching movies on network TV anymore unless it's one of the movie channels like HBO. The other channels butcher them. I like watching movies the way the makers intended, with all of the swearing, violence, sex and nonstop without commercials.

The only exception I'll make is if I've seen the movie before and there's nothing better on TV, I'll just leave it on in the background. For example, Office Space was on Comedy Central a few weeks ago and I just left it on while I did some work around the house. I own the DVD and have seen it a million times, so I didn't really miss out on much. Most of the good scenes were still left in tact (except the PC Load Letter scene :D)

4. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Comedy Central will run movies uncut on weekends at night. The main thing I hate about movies on TV is that they format them.