Movies on the iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Roobiky, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Roobiky macrumors newbie

Everytime I sync a movie on my touch, about 15-30 minutes into the movie the movie will mute itself then pause then go back to the movies home screen. I have to fast forward to continue the movie, missing about a minute of the movie. It works fine if I was to watch it on the computer. I have heard that this is caused by the usb port using Windows Vista (HP Laptop). Is there any cure to this problem? Will it work if I just bought a "Powered USB hub"? Any advice will be appreciated.

Thank You.

RY

2. YodaEXE macrumors member

Well, I have both an HP laptop, and a custom made desktop, both running different versions of Windows Vista, and I've had no problems, so I doubt it's the USB ports.

3. sgtboy macrumors 6502

If you can sync it to your ipod, then the USB is not the problem. What happens when you play the video on your computer

4. Roobiky thread starter macrumors newbie

It plays fine on the computer. I can watch the whole movie on the computer without it cutting out.

5. sgtboy macrumors 6502

Sorry for asking something you already said, at work and in a rush lol

Try resyncing it to your ipod

6. Roobiky thread starter macrumors newbie

sgtboy,

It's ok. I will try to re sync it tonight and see what happens. It just seems like every movie that I have synced is doing that at least once during the movie.
    Thank You

7. sgtboy macrumors 6502

Just thought of something else, are these movies from Itunes or personal ones you put on your PC? How big are these movies?

8. Ezra12 macrumors member

Yup thats what I would do.....

9. Roobiky thread starter macrumors newbie

sgtboy,

They are movies from my DVD library. The movies are compressed and they are about 400-500 MB. I didnt get a chance to re-sync the movies last night.