movies that i own to ipod

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ROGERWILCO357, Jun 13, 2010.

1. ROGERWILCO357 macrumors 6502

ROGERWILCO357

how do i get the movies i own to my ipod what ripping software works best to backup movies?

2. gheat93 macrumors member

I'm guessing you own the DVDs...in which case I suggest MacTheRipper (http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/14414/mactheripper). I had good results with this when I used to buy DVDs... I wonder where I get movies from now?;)
    Handbrake (http://handbrake.fr/downloads.php) is very good for processing the files afterwards for viewing on other devices etc...

3. MRiOS macrumors regular

I've had terrific success in converting many of the dvds I currently own using only handbrake! It will rip with the options for chapters, subtitles, and even alternate language tracks. (keep in mind those extra features do make the files bigger) I then use the program MetaX to write the metadata and artwork directly to the file so that iTunes automatically sets up the info without my having to go through the task of collecting and inputting it into iTunes. (MetaX collects info from places like Netflix, and Tagchimp so many of the feilds are able to be filled automatically.)
    I use the Universal setting on Handbrake and the files work great on both my iPad and iPod Touch.

4. j3yq macrumors 6502

j3yq

5. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

I don't suggest using MacTheRipper first unless you are also looking to backup your DVD as well. But Handbrake is the best way to do it.

6. ROGERWILCO357 thread starter macrumors 6502

ROGERWILCO357

thanks

i have tried using mac the ripper and handbrake i must me doing something wrong see i own the movies well my wife does she works nites at a hospital and wants to watch her twilight movies on her ipod during her lunch hour. I have tried using the handbrake but nada. is there a one touch version like for pc’s where all you have to do is hit the transfer to dvd,or ipod or psp etc. thanks for all the intel so far i think i am doing something wrong.will try again.