Movies & TV Forum Revisited

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by gkarris, Oct 9, 2008.

1. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

Doesn't hurt to ask again.

You have "Music Discussion", what about "Movies & TV"?. I asked before but you said to put the stuff in "Community Discussion".

Well, iTunes is obviously more than just "Music". You added the "App Store" forum when Apps were added to iTunes.

Would be nice, with the exceptional popularity of Movies and TV on iTunes, to have a forum just for that kind of stuff, like Music and Apps, rather than "somewhere" in Community Discussion amongst all the other stuff.

Thanks for considering it again.

2. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

3. gkarris thread starter macrumors 604

gkarris

4. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

During the forum restructuring I requested a entertainment forum that would encompass TV and movie discussions. It was determined that the community forum was still the best place for it. Not sure what the views would be now on the issue.

5. gkarris thread starter macrumors 604

gkarris

^^^

Last I asked, it was when AppleTV first came out.

But since then, you can buy vids directly on AppleTV, rent Movies, and now get HD versions.

A lot has changed since then.

I tried searching for some TV Show threads, some are in Community, some are in iTunes, and some are in AppleTV.

Would be nice if they are in one forum rather than have to search. :(

6. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

I think it's a fairly good idea, although I do wonder about how much variation there would be in a TV/Movie forum relative to a music forum. Music tends to be much more varied across numerous different principles.

Would the TV/Movie forum inevitably reduce itself to an endless stream of threads about how the latest episode of "X" was good/bad? I would imagine that's why TV/Movies have historically been kept in the Community Discussion, since most discussions are going to be simplistic and temporary.

I'm just throwing that out there as some food for thought. :)

7. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I think TV threads tend to last longer than the music threads. There are a lot of mega threads that run through a whole TV season. I don't think the discussions are weak.

8. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

I personally don't follow the TV discussions too closely, so if you know that they do last for a while, then I retract my concerns.

I do remember that movie threads tend to be quite successful (like the Batman one that went on for months).

9. gkarris thread starter macrumors 604

gkarris

I would like to just look into one forum to talk about all the TV shows. I'm big on Stargate, yet really don't take part at all in the Stargate forum website because it's really "way too big" and I'm already trying to keep up on this one. I'd be happy to just be involved with a thread on this one.

I'm looking for a one-stop shop. Take part in the Apple forums on this site and go to the TV/Movie Forum on here to talk about the latest movies and TV shows, also heads up on free downloads and what shows are worth it to download HD, etc.

There might be a great show that someone recommends on iTunes that I really would not have known to "search for on this website otherwise".

10. macfilmmaker macrumors newbie

My favorite hallmark movie is THE NOTE with Genie Francis ( who has always been one of my favorite soap stars) I LITERALLY can't figure out why this wasn't reworked into a major film. ITS SO GOOD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7m7nEC1Buw

11. gkarris thread starter macrumors 604

gkarris

^^^

LOL, well, you might as well put that stuff here! :eek:

Can you get it on iTunes? :D

12. gkarris thread starter macrumors 604

gkarris

Sorry to be a pain.

Has anyone given this any thought?

I still think having TV and Movies in one forum rather than trying to figure out what to search for would be nicer.

Like my current question is:

Is 24:Redemption on iTunes extended in what way compared to bonus material available out there?

Do I put it in iTunes, AppleTV? I used the 24 thread in Community, but who knows? :(

Thanks and happy holiday season to all... :)