Movies/Video on 4TH Gen

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Oikells, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Oikells macrumors newbie

OK I am stumped.
    I have a 32gig iPod touch and I have been trying to put some video/movies on it. I do all the steps in iTunes and the capacity bar shows that I have about 5 gig of video loaded on the the iTouch.
    But nothing shows up in the video app.
    What am I doing wrong?

2. Brucewl macrumors 6502

Brucewl

How about restart your iPod Touch at first?

3. Oikells thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for answering>
    If by re-start you mean, hold the power button until the "slide to power off" button come up, then yes I have done that - quite a few times.
    The Settings-General-About part, the information is that there are 5 videos with 7.7 gig of remaining space.

4. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

Perhaps the videos could possibly be a wrong video format? I'm sure there not but I'm just thinking of possibilities. It's strange that it's not showing up. Try taking the videos off your iPod with iTunes and then resyncing them again.

5. Oikells thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the suggestion.. I had thought that might be the problem too. I have done most of the video using Handbrake. So I went back to iTunes and under the "Advanced" heading I clicked on " Create iPod or iPhone version" for one of the videos. Then did another sync and also restarted the iPod.
    Still nothing. What the heck am I missing.

6. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

A restore may help you there. It's kind of a pain, but it can fix some odd issues such as the one you are experiencing. Where did the videos come from by the way?

7. Oikells thread starter macrumors newbie

I have just tried a restore on iTunes and still no videos.
    Most of the videos are from movies I own and a handfull are of my little girl.

8. crmccashin macrumors regular

crmccashin

Open ITunes
    Select your device
    Click on Movies at upper center of screen
    Click Sync Movies
    Select the videos you want to transfer/sync to your device
    Sync

9. Oikells thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for responding crmccashin. But if you would please refer to my initial post you would see that I have done those steps with no luck. The capacity bar tells me there is about 5 gig of video on my iPod and the Settings-General-About section on the iPod itself, tells me that there are 5 videos with 7.7 gig of remaining space.
    :confused:

10. crmccashin macrumors regular

crmccashin

Sorry , but all you said was that you had video showing in your usage bar in Itunes. My instructions were not to load your file into Itunes, but to get them synced to your IPT.
    Please double check using my instructions... in Itunes.

11. Oikells thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks crmccashin. I have done those steps so many times before with no change in the situation once more won't make any difference.

12. justaregularjoe macrumors 6502

If these are music videos, they may have been sorted into the albums they come from. ie, My copy of the "Pork and Beans" music video shows up under Music, in the Red Album, not in the Videos.

Shot in the dark, but good luck!