Moving a SINGLE Program

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by RWil85, Dec 2, 2010.

1. RWil85 macrumors 6502

Hello,

I have Adobe Creative Suite 3 loaded on a regular Macbook and would like to move just those applications over to my Macbook Pro..

I know I could use Migration Assistant and not have to worry about anything, but I do not want to replicate the entire MB to the MB Pro..only those particular apps.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks!

2. Stvwndr219 macrumors 6502

Isn't it just a simple copy/paste of what's in the application folder? Migration assistant should do it too I believe.

3. arogge macrumors 65816

arogge

I wonder if there's any Adobe copy protection annoyances to worry about. I was getting license lockouts again yesterday.

You're not allowed to use this program now... contact your KeyServer administrator. Just open the file already! :mad:

4. Richard1028 macrumors 68000

If it was anything other than an Adobe application it would be relatively easy. There is so much "bloat" built into their stuff I doubt even they could do this themselves.

5. brucem91 macrumors 6502

i've tried it before, it does not work, at least with cs4.

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

There's a reason why adobe uses an installer.

They sprinkle files through out the file system. Dragging/dropping the application will not work.

You can however select which programs you want to install from the installer.

Just rerun that and install what you want.

7. irishgrizzly macrumors 65816

irishgrizzly

Can't be done unless you were to go the CCC or Super Duper‎ route. You'll have to deactivate and reinstall on the new machine.