moving account from iMac to Airbook

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by tattoodjay, Jul 12, 2008.

1. tattoodjay macrumors newbie

I currently have my Ipod Touch synching with my iMac, but am travelling in a few days, is there any easy way to transfer it to my laptop and keeping the same podcasts etc
    or do I need to transfer all my music and photos I have on ipod to the laptop,and then sign up again to all the podcasts

2. aethelbert macrumors 601

Can you see your Macbook Air from your iMac over Bonjour? It should appear under the "shared" section of the Finder. From there, just enter the laptop's file system an copy the iTunes folder from the Music folder. Screen sharing would essentially accomplish the same thing, as well. The two computers will need the same version of iTunes, and you'll also need to authorize the notebook for your iTunes-purchased content.

3. tattoodjay thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for that will try in the morning, also will work out how to do the second part "need to authorize the notebook for your iTunes-purchased content"

Cheers

4. aethelbert macrumors 601

To authorize your computer, open iTunes and click on "store" in the menubar. Then click on "Authorize Computer..." and you'll be prompted to type in your iTunes username and password. Then you're good to go.