Moving Albums from I phone to PC help!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mac2244, May 8, 2013.

1. mac2244, May 8, 2013
    Last edited: May 12, 2013

mac2244 macrumors newbie

I have been trying to make a back on my PC my photo albums (I created them under the camera roll) from my I phone but have continued to have trouble trying to do this. I have tried the obvious by trying to copy the albums after linking my PC and phone with a USB cable - but I only get the camera roll displayed in a rather strange folder fomat - many folders with names such as 940RJTD but no sign of the albums I created.

Next I tried to install ifunbox but still not been able to locate my albums.

What I do see when I go into ifunboxclassic are a jumble of photo related directories firstly at the top under general storage I see camera, camera 1, camera 2 all the way through to camera 8 and then under raw file system I found a folder called DCIM - within DCIM I have a whole collection of files starting at 100APPLE all the way to 140APPLE - each of these folders contain photos but they appear sorted by date order and appear to have no relation to the albums I created on the phone - again I appear to be just viewing the pictures on my camera roll with no sign of the albums I created.

Please advise if I am doing some thing wrong? or if these is any way I can view or copy these albums using this or another bit of software (note as I mentioned at the top I can already explore and back up my camera roll just by connecting my i phone with a USB cable - the files have weird prefixes such as 864CKYNA - but they appear not to include any of my created albums I also wonder if the albums I created just contain a series of links to the camera roll so maybe its just not possible to copy these albums with picture on onto my PC) - note my phone has not been jailbreaked but not sure if this is relevant to my problem.

2. mac2244 thread starter macrumors newbie

Moving albums from Iphone to PC with Ifunbox or USB

Just edited the thread after I tried Ifun box after someones suggestion!!