Moving an excel worksheet.

Discussion in 'iMac' started by 420benz, Jun 9, 2012.

1. 420benz macrumors 6502

420benz

2. rkaufmann87 macrumors 68000

rkaufmann87

Sure but you need third party tools to do anything with it. MS does not have an IOS version of MS Office.

3. forty2j macrumors 68030

forty2j

... Yet. Rumored for November.

iPads can open Excel files just fine, if all you want to do is look at it. If you want to actually edit it, you can do so in Numbers, Apple's spreadsheet program, available in the app store for I believe $10.

4. 420benz thread starter macrumors 6502

420benz

Now it is still in an email. I moved it to saved stuff. Can I move it to the face page? If I make changes,they would be on my iMac then I can email the changes to my iPad.

5. forty2j macrumors 68030

forty2j

No, you can't put an email or a document directly on your iPad Home Screen.

You should have no problem opening the document from your email though. If you keep it in a separate folder in the email, it shouldn't be too hard to find it when you need it.

Also, you can look into DropBox. You put a file into a certain folder on your iMac, and you open your DropBox app on your iPad and it's there. It's kinda like Apple's "iCloud", but more versatile. It's free for 5GB.

6. 420benz thread starter macrumors 6502

420benz

If I install Numbers on my iMac,do I have to do the spreadsheet all over again or can I just copy and past?

7. forty2j macrumors 68030

forty2j

If you also want Numbers on the iMac, I believe it's $20 in the Mac App Store. I'm not sure I'd recommend it if you already own Excel.

However, Numbers on the iMac will directly open an Excel spreadsheet - no need to copy/paste, just open the file. When you save in in Numbers format, you'll be able to move it into iCloud where Numbers on iPad can find it.

8. 420benz thread starter macrumors 6502

420benz

Great! I will give it a try. Thanks for all of your help.