moving application icons after updates

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by yawnyj, Aug 28, 2008.

1. yawnyj macrumors member

Can anyone tell me how to move the home screen icons back to the previous page after application updates? Everytime I update an application the icon then moves to the next page leaving a hole in the previous page. I know you hold down on the icon until they start wiggling, and then drag them, but I haven't been able to move them over to the previous page to fill up the empty spaces. I have tried holding the screen between the two pages and dragging them, but this doesn't seem to work at all. There must be an easier way. Thanks

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I had the same problem -- dragging icons across pages can be tricky! My workaround is to drag icons into the "dock" at the bottom of the screen. If the dock is full, you may have to temporarily drag some icons off the dock to make room. Anyway, drag the icon you want to move to another page onto the dock, swipe until you come to the page you want, and drag the icon back out. Then go back to where you left the icon(s) that were originally in the dock, and move them back in.

3. yawnyj thread starter macrumors member

Thank you so much. This worked perfectly. I was really getting rather frustrated with the silly thing, and I knew there had to be an easier way to do it.

4. ansalmo macrumors regular

Once they're wiggling, you just need to drag the icon to the screen edge and pause for a second - the page will flick over and you can then position the icon wherever you want it. If you want to traverse another page before dropping it, then just pull the icon slightly back toward the screen centre, back to the edge and pause again, and it will flick across another page.

5. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

I leave 2 slots empty on each page so when an app updates, I have some wiggle room and it doesn't throw off the home page at least.