Moving apps from MBP to new iMac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jmre5150, May 27, 2008.

1. jmre5150 macrumors member

jmre5150

Hey guys, need some expertise.

I have owned a MBP for a little over a year. I'm new to Mac's (PC's 15+ years) and I will NEVER go back. Formalities aside, I have a problem. I have all kinds of 3rd party apps (Launchbar, games - bewjeweled, Luxor, SuperCollapse, etc, Web Snapper, Tubesock, YummySoup, on and on). These have been paid for, so how do I move them from my MBP to my iMac without having to repay the $20+ dollars again for each one? Is there a file that contains my license/info that needs to be moved as well?

How do I do this? I would hate to have to repay for apps I already paid for. Just looking to move them to another Mac.

Any help would be appreciated, since my iMac will be my new main comp.

Thanks in advance.

2. scr1968 macrumors regular

Can't you use the Migration Assistant to move your stuff from one computer to another? Doing so should bring over your 3rd party stuff too.

There is not "one" license file that would contain all of the information about your 3rd party applications unless you were maintaining one yourself manually.

SCR

3. aristobrat macrumors G4

I second the vote for letting the Migration Assistant move everything for you. It should snag the preference files and such.

Do you still have the developer emails with the license codes?