Moving apps on Iphone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by theslaz, Apr 24, 2011.

1. theslaz macrumors 6502

I'm having a problem trying to move a new app into a folder I've created. Here are the instructions that I have followed. I can't even get the app from one page to another. I have to move it from the fourth page to the 1st page. And yes; there is a free/empty space for it to go into!

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    * Tap on an app and hold your finger on it until the icons start shaking
    * When the icons are shaking, you can rearrange them in whatever order you want (icons have to swap places on the screen, though. They can’t be moved to empty space)
    * To move the icon to a new screen, called a page, just drag the icon off the screen to the right or left and let it go when the new page appears
    * When the icon is in the place you want it, let it go
    * To save the changes, tap the home button

I know this is something easy!! Not for me it appears!

2. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Without actually showing you, hard to beat instructions you are using. What step seems to fail you?

You can always, during sync, rearrange the apps on the screens then apply the changes to the iPhone.

3. theslaz thread starter macrumors 6502

Loaded the new app. Of course it is loaded on the last page of the Iphone. The folder I want it in is on the 1st page. I need to get it over to the 1st page.
    Get the apps to shake; I hold the app and try to drag it of the page to the next and it just bounces back to the page I started from.

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

You have to keep holding it until you get it to the page you want it on.

5. theslaz thread starter macrumors 6502

Been trying that! However; like I said; I get it so that it is right of the page and it bounces back. I do have a "Otterbox" as a case. I will try and remove that to see if it works than. The otter box just maybe is in the way; and isn't allowing the app over far enough.

6. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

You also have to place it so that another app "moves out of the way for it" so to speak.

7. theslaz thread starter macrumors 6502

I removed the Otter box and I was successful in moving the app. It was a bit difficult; as it seems that it has to be completely of the screen before it will jump to the next page. Me thinks; it has a lot to do with my big fingers!!

8. doodads macrumors 6502

doodads

You can also rearrange them in iTunes. That's the easier way for me.

9. theslaz thread starter macrumors 6502

I really did not know that! I will look into it and will probably do it that way, as the way it is now; it can be really annoying. Before I tried this today; I had all my apps arranged the way I liked. Now; it's a different story; they are all over the place and I'll have to move them back; just because I wanted to put one app in a folder. Like I said; Annoying!!!