Moving Bluetooth to the Front Settings Screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MacAlpha, Mar 9, 2011.

1. MacAlpha macrumors regular

I have always wondered why the you have to go through General to get to the Bluetooth setting. To save battery life, it is one thing that I regularly turn on and off. Given that they have added Personal Hotspot to the front Settings Screen, and if you want to connect the hotspot up via Bluetooth you will need to turn that feature on too, I would have hoped that they would have moved the Bluetooth toggle up there too? If Apple wanted to, they could move the Notifications, Location Services and Carrier to sub menus. Those are three features that I rarely if ever need to change.

Am I alone in wishing that the Bluetooth toggle was on the main Settings page? It would seem like an easy fix to me. I guess Steve doesn't want it there...:rolleyes:

2. mnsportsgeek macrumors 65816

Jailbreak... you'll wish you had done it years ago. SBsettings actually saved me battery life because i found myself turning off bluetooth and wifi when I didn't need it instead of leaving it on all the time.

3. vachargerfan macrumors regular

That is the main reason I jailbreak

4. profets macrumors 68040

I completely agree.. I've thought this for years as well. Turning BT on or off takes at least 3 steps no? Meanwhile the first settings screen has so many options that you rarely need to use.

Anyway, nothing beats SBSettings for quick access to these toggles.

5. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

SBSettings is pure gold. Having WiFi, Airplane Mode, VPN, and Bluetooth settings available with just one swipe is one of my favorite things about jailbreaking.

6. mnsportsgeek macrumors 65816

Yup, I only have 4 jailbreak apps. SBsettings, infinifolders, tetherme, and bitesms. Bitesms and SBsettings are by far the two must have apps. Apple needs buy the rights to these and implement them into ios 5 along with a better notification system, lol.

7. SideStepSociety, Apr 20, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2011

SideStepSociety macrumors 6502

SideStepSociety

After dabbling with enabling Multi-tasking gestures toggles and silent/auto rotate switch through editing plist files, I think it may be possible to move/copy the Bluetooth setting to the main settings screen, perhaps even without a jailbreak. In theory, it seems doable, as I was able to put the Multitasking toggle in a few different places. I can't see any real reason why it wouldn't work. I'll have to play around and see what happens.

UPDATE:

Yep, it works!

Attached Files:

8. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

I've seen this done a couple of times, but no one seems to be able to put the "toggle" on the main settings page. Still have to go down one level to a bluetooth page. I'm hoping someone figures this out at some point. This is an improvement however!

9. Faux Carnival macrumors 6502a

10. likethesoup2 macrumors 6502a

After dabbling with enabling Multi-tasking gestures toggles and silent/auto rotate switch through editing plist files, I think it may be possible to move/copy the Bluetooth setting to the main settings screen, perhaps even without a jailbreak. In theory, it seems doable, as I was able to put the Multitasking toggle in a few different places. I can't see any real reason why it wouldn't work. I'll have to play around and see what happens.

UPDATE:

Yep, it works!

WHAT EXACTLY DID YOU DO TO MOVE IT OVER?