Moving Calendar from exchange to iCloud

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Always Red, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Always Red macrumors newbie

My boss is an apple fanatic who insists he wants his calendars to sync through iCloud even though we have a perfectly good exchange server.

He has signed up to iCloud with his exchange email address. On his Mac his exchange email is setup and in ical his iCloud is setup as his default calendar.

The problem is whenever he accepts an invite the event is still created on his exchange calendar instead of his iCloud. Does anyone know a way to fix this?

Originally his exchange wasn't setup in ical and only his iCloud was. But whenever he accepted an invite it wouldn't appear on his ical at all as exchange still grabbed it. So exchange is on ical as well so he can at least see events and manually move them to iCloud. But he doesn't want to have exchange on his ical at all and it isn't a good long term solution. He can't change his email address as it is a company one that he needs to keep.

Thoughts anyone?

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Try going into iCal preferences and in this screen select his default iCloud calendar.

My screenshot is from the Mountain Lion Calendar app (renamed from iCal), but I believe Lion had this same setting.

[​IMG]

3. Always Red thread starter macrumors newbie

He is running Mountain Lion, sorry I called Calendar iCal out of habit.

His iCloud calendar is set to default Calendar, but it still goes to exchange calendar even if exchange isn't setup in Calendar.

4. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Hmm... look what I just found here (screen cap below).

[​IMG]

I only have iCloud, so can't test.. but can you drag the iCloud calendar above the Exchange calendar in Calendar app?

What app is he using for email? Mail or MS Outlook? I'm wondering is he would have better luck using Mail if he is not already?

(Changing iCal to Calendar continually bamboozles be also! :))

5. Always Red thread starter macrumors newbie

Did some tests. Didn't work, still continued to go to the exchange calendar.

He is using Mail.

Thanks!