Moving contacts from BBry to iPhone4

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mavrick1903, Jul 6, 2010.

1. mavrick1903 macrumors member

I'm going to be setting up my wife's new iPhone 4 tonight. we're bringing her over from a personal BBry to her new iPhone. we want to AVOID using Outlook to transfer her contacts. Any suggestions? she uses gmail for her personal account.

2. Phurious macrumors newbie

Do you have a MobileMe account? Why the aversion to Outlook?

3. mavrick1903 thread starter macrumors member

She uses Outlook for work, so she has much more in Outlook than she wants on the phone. Yes, folders might make it work, but trying to avoid that, and make it as easy for her to maintain as possiable. She does not intend to connect to the employers exchange server.

4. dels macrumors member

I ended up creating a gmail account, syncing over the contacts I wanted, then synced to my iPhone. Works out okay so far.

5. mhdena macrumors 6502

Blackberry's website has a sync program you can download, for me on my imac and macbook its called 'PocketMac for Blackberry" Once downloaded it makes an icon for syncing phone numbers and calender. I did a couple of years ago and didn't know where it went but found out accidentally that all my contacts on my Blackberry are in my Address Book on the bottom row, some of my calendar events are there to :D WOOHOO who knew, haha.

Its making it apparent that should work quite well with another Mac product, though if my iphone doesn't do the basics as well (make phone calls, text & email), (I'm also demoing a Nexus 1 for the next few weeks) there are other options and Blackberry may get another look depending on the Nexus :cool:

6. mavrick1903 thread starter macrumors member

Can the BBry push up to gmail-gcontacts? if so, wouldnt that solve?