Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IronLung

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 25, 2008
So I've had an iPhone since they launched and I synched it to my desktop(windows based) and retrieved all the contacts from outlook.

A few months ago I purchased a MBP and I'm looking to use my shiny new laptop as the computer my iPhone synchs too. I don't really care about having to do my music and whatnot over but if I have to manually enter my contacts into my MBP that will really be a pain.

Is there an application out there that can transfer my contacts(originally in outlook) from my iPhone to my MBP. I have iWork so I don't have any of the office for mac software.

Thanks,
Josh

fuzorsilverbolt

macrumors member
May 19, 2008
iphone sync

Believe it or not but the tool to use to sync an iphone to a mac is itunes. I couldn't believe it when I read it but make sure you have the newest version of itunes installed then you'll be able to sync the mac address book to your iphone. Be careful which sync settings you use though so that your iphone isn't erased.

IronLung

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 25, 2008
Well I just decided to go ahead and do it, it was actually really simple, it gave you the option to either replace or "merge" your data. Merge is what I went with and it worked fine. Thanks for the help!

Josh

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.