moving data between macs - iWeb sites/iPhoto library?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sk3pt1c, Aug 6, 2008.

1. sk3pt1c macrumors 6502a

sk3pt1c

i'm getting my new mac tomorrow, what happens with the sites i've made in iWeb? how do i move them over? will they just be downloaded from MobileMe when i log in to the service?
    what about my iPhoto library?
    how can i move it over?

2. skybolt macrumors 6502a

3. sk3pt1c thread starter macrumors 6502a

sk3pt1c

so i basically overwrite the iphoto folder on the new mac with that from the old one huh? i'll give it a go, see what happens...

dunno about the iWeb sites though...

4. ProwlingTiger macrumors 65816

ProwlingTiger

You'd think it would sync with Mobileme...I guess that particular cloud doesn't rain.

5. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

For iWeb, copy over the following file:

~/Library/Application Support/iWeb/Domain

6. hdayala macrumors newbie

Transfer your iWeb site from one Comp. to another

From your post, I see you aree running Leopard so I will assume you are running iLife 08.

To move iWeb pages from one computer to another, move the Domain.sites2 file where iWeb stores its files. To find that file go to User/Library/Application Support/iWeb/Domain.sites2. To transfer your domain.sites2 file from one mac to the other you can put it on a USB-Stick, on a CD/DVD, or if it is small enough, even on MobilMe!

It is critical that you change permissions of the Domain file to be able to edit, save changes and publish a website from another computer.

Select the Domain file press Command+i under Ownership & Permissions go to =>Details =>Everyone (or Others) and select Read & Write. You have to do this in the original user account and computer in which the Domain file was created.

If you don’t change permissions you will find an error while publishing and saving.

Everything I wrote above I got directly from the best iWeb Help site available. -- http://iwebfaq.org/site/iWeb_Transfer_Site.html

7. sk3pt1c thread starter macrumors 6502a

sk3pt1c