Moving desktop icons to spaces ?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by UKBeast, Apr 28, 2010.

1. UKBeast macrumors 6502

Hi,

I am quite new to mac os x,

I have got a few questions

1. How can i move my desktop icons to other spaces ? For example I want to create a new space for image files on my desktop so whenever i go to Space 6 i will see different desktop icons. Basically, as we separate apps in different spaces, can we separate icons ?

2. How can i get the benefit from my scroll wheel ? In safari, i want to click on mouse wheel and scroll up and down the page.

3. Zoom function in photo preview and iphoto is not user friendly, i cannot use mouse wheel to zoom in and out like i do in picasa ?

2. Gregg2 macrumors 603

1. As Spaces is designed, the Desktop is a separate entity, as you've discovered. I've never run across a setting to create multiple Desktops corresponding to Spaces. If this is even possible, I'd suspect it would be found in a third party application, not in OSX.

3. mrchinchilla macrumors 6502

mrchinchilla

No, Finder is universal and therefore the Desktop will display the icons of the files and folders in the Desktop folder regardless of what Space you may be in.

I trust you mean the "Mighty" Mouse, just scroll up and down with the ball, or 360°.

It's a different mindset, I happen to believe when you scroll with a mouse on a photo, it should navigate, not zoom. However, if you hold Alt/Option and scroll up/down, it will zoom.